Due to COVID-19 the Department’s Employer Branch is offering a restricted service. More information is available
Get information on the Department’s Redundancy Service for employers and employees.
Helping you find the right people for your business
From multi-national companies to the shop-owner on the corner, the Employment Service operates a tailored recruitment service right across Northern Ireland.
A team of highly experienced experts can discuss your needs and tailor a level of service to meet your needs through a start to finish service. You will have a single point of contact throughout the entire process.
The assistance we provide includes:
- A dedicated account manager who will act as lead for your organisation in advising and brokering the range of services available to you and your staff.
- Consultation to understand your business model and recruitment needs, agreeing an end to end service (for example, promotion of vacancies, interview support including provision of facilities, application sifting and allocation of interview slots and notification to applicants)
- Information, signposting and warm handovers to other Government programmes and services available to your organisation and staff.
- Bespoke event planning and management (for example, job fairs, recruitment campaigns, information sessions).
- Building organisation awareness – including site visits/familiarisation visits for staff and customers to raise awareness of your company and roles and responsibilities of current vacancies.
- Job vacancy advertising and management – employers can register through https://www.employersonlineni.com with vacancies advertised throughout Northern Ireland and Europe via JobCentreOnline.
- If you are a large or public sector employer within Northern Ireland, please contact the Strategic Employment Service.
- Employer Services
Network of offices
Our network of 35 Jobs & Benefits offices and JobCentres throughout Northern Ireland offers a range of no cost services to help you to find suitable employees.
Employment and training programmes
Some subsidies are also available if you are willing to help unemployed people who are not 'job ready' by providing them with opportunities to train to your specifications in your working environment, through participation in a range of employment and training programmes such as Steps 2 Success, Apprenticeships and Training for Success. During this time you will have the benefit of assessing their abilities for permanent employment.
Disability Employment Support
DfC supports people with health conditions and disabilities. It provides a range of programmes to assist Departmental customers obtain and retain suitable employment. They can also advise on what assistance is available. The Occupational Psychology Service provides a comprehensive information and assessment service to assist people with disabilities and employers. For further information go to 'Recruit and retain People with Disabilities' on website below:
Recruit and retain people with disabilities
DfC is committed to helping employers recruit and retain disabled employees. It provides a range of practical and financial help so you can find the right person for your vacancy or company.
Each Jobs & Benefits office provides a range of services to help you to find the right person for your vacancy, including people with disabilities, who have the abilities you need for your company.
Through the network of Work Coaches and the Work Psychology Services, a comprehensive information and assessment service is provided and can advise on the following:
- recruiting disabled people
- retaining employees who become disabled
- financial help to employ people with disabilities through the Job Introduction Scheme, Access to Work (NI) and Workable (NI)
- job / employee assessment and job / environment redesign
- equipment and ergonomics in the workplace
- accessibility of premises
- development of disability awareness
- development of good employment practices
- Workable (NI) Case Studies
Should a redundancy situation arise, we can come to your premises and provide your employees with information, advice and guidance on all aspects of jobsearch and further training for those who need new skills. We can also arrange for partner organisations to provide benefit advice and information on other issues of concern, at the same time.