The first term of appointment of a Member of the Board of Ulster Supported Employment Ltd (USEL) has been extended from 1 June 2020 to 30 November 2020
· Ms Carol Magill
She has served on the USEL Board since 1 January 2017.
Notes to editors:
1. USEL is a Non-Departmental Public Body of the Department for Communities. It was established in 1962 to provide supported paid employment for disabled people. Approximately 83% of employees at its manufacturing facility in Belfast have a disability or heath related condition. Today USEL is the largest supporter of people with disabilities within Northern Ireland with offices in Belfast, Londonderry, Portadown and Ballymena. Each year the company supports over 1,500 people with disabilities in more than 750 companies to enter and sustain economic employment through its various employment programmes.
2. Board Members receive remuneration of £140 for each board meeting attended. Travel and subsistence allowances for official business will be payable. Any extra work undertaken will be paid at an hourly rate.
3. The extension has been made in accordance with the Code of Practice for Ministerial Public Appointments issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments NI.
4. All appointments and extension to appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published.
5. Biographical details:
Ms Carol Magill
Ms Magill is presently the UK Auditor/Assessor for the Communication Management Standard (CMS) with the PRCA (Public Relations and Communications Association). In addition, Ms Magill operates a heritage building, the Coastguard Boat House on Belfast Lough, as an international tourism facility, and provides training on marketing via specialist tourism channels. She is a former civil servant, with roles in communication, youth training and responsibility for the ‘Generating Our Success’ strategy and was previously a Communication/Volunteer Manager with Action Mental Health. Ms Magill brings a range of planning and process management skills and experience to the USEL Board. She does not hold any other public appointments and has not undertaken any political activity in the last 5 years.
6. Media enquiries to DFC Press Office at Press Office. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
7. Follow the Department on Twitter @CommunitiesNI
- Change in delivery of the Affordable Warmth Scheme 02 June 2023
- Competition to appoint a new Commissioner to the Board of the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland 30 May 2023
- The re-appointment of two Members to the Board of Ulster Supported Employment Ltd (USEL) 19 May 2023
- Department consults on funding challenges 10 May 2023