The Department can help by planning, co-ordinating and delivering a support package tailored to a company’s individual redundancy situation. There is no cost to employers to avail of this service.
The Department’s Redundancy Service offers virtual and face to face support to best meet the needs of your company. The service is designed to give both employers and employees support and advice about things like:
- providing general information about benefits
- helping people facing redundancy to construct CVs
- helping people to search for and find new work
- helping people identify their transferable skills and training needs
Redundancy factsheets are available to help signpost both employers and employees to useful information and sources of on-line support:
- Redundancy Factsheets
- Taking care of yourself when experiencing redundancy
- Redundancy: The options
- Redundancy and leaving your job
A Redundancy Clinic Webcast has been developed to provide employees with information on benefits, supports and services available as they prepare for redundancy. The webcast provides information on the following topics:
- Eligibility for different types of benefits and support schemes
- The support that people in and out of work can avail of the Universal Credit (UC) Service
- Career Service’s advice on exploring job opportunities and further career guidance
- Advice and guidelines on starting a new business
- Redundancy following the Insolvency of your Employer
Redundancy Clinic Webcast
*Please note benefit rates detailed in webcast are subject to change from 1 April 2022
On-site Redundancy Clinics can also be arranged, where social distancing requirements can be adhered to. Redundancy Clinics include representation from local Jobs & Benefits office staff and partner organisations, who will deliver presentations and be available to speak individually to impacted staff.
If you have notified the Insolvency Service of the redundancies you are making, then they will let DfC know automatically and your local Jobs & Benefits office may be in touch to offer extra help to support you and your staff.
For more information about DfC’s Redundancy Service, contact: