Background information on the Lower Falls pilot area within Building Successful Communities.
- estate in West Belfast
- new housing stock, but poorly designed with high levels of badly lit streets and entries
- Falls Ward ranked 2 (second most deprived Ward) in Northern Ireland
- very low educational attainment and high unemployment – particularly amongst the young
- very high crime and anti-social behaviour rate - much higher than any other Belfast West constituency or the Northern Ireland average
- High demand for additional social housing.
Lower Falls video
Lower Falls area analysis report and minutes