NIHE consists of a 10 member board, including Chairman and vice-Chairman and is supported by a Chief Executive and under 3,000 staff who manage just over 100,000 dwellings.
In addition the Housing Executive is the Northern Ireland’s Home Energy Conservation Authority and also administers the Housing Benefit Scheme, which provides help with rent to people on low income.
For more information visit the Housing Executive's website
Management statement: Financial Memorandum and Dossier of Controls
The Management Statement: Financial Memorandum (MSFM) and Dossier of Controls is made up of 3 parts. Parts 1 and 2 are the MSFM while Part 3 is the Dossier of Controls.
Together these documents set out the controls to be exercised over the different areas of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive’s (NIHE) activities by the Department. It represents, therefore, a formal statement by the Department of the standards it requires NIHE to achieve in relation to the probity of activities.
- MSFM Parts 1 and 2 – Management Statement: Financial Memorandum
- MSFM Part 3 – Dossier of Controls
- MSFM and Dossier of Controls referenced links
Departmental Inspections of Landlord Services
As part of the agreed Memorandum of Understanding we have published the Departmental inspection reports carried out on Landlord Services.
The Gateway Review has the following objectives:
- review of the procedures for the establishment of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive 'EGAN' Contracts and compliance with procedures
- review the procedures for managing Northern Ireland Housing Executive 'EGAN' Contracts and compliance with procedures
- determine if the controls over the prevention and detection of Fraud and Error related to the establishment and management of Northern Ireland Housing Executive 'EGAN' Contracts are considered to be in line with best practice
- Review of Governance in The Northern Ireland Housing Executive
Anti-social behaviour guidance
This guidance which is issued by the Department to the Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE) is intended to help the NIHE in dealing with anti-social behaviour which affects or involves its tenants.
It should be read in conjunction with NIHE’s statement on the policy and procedures on anti-social behaviour.