Mr Gregory Lomax has been appointed as Interim Vice-Chair to the Board of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE) from 1 February 2017.
Mr Lomax, who has been a NIHE Board Member since 15 April 2013, replaces Professor Peter Roberts who became the Interim Chair of the Board from 1 January 2017.
A public appointment process will commence shortly to fill the positions of both Chair and Vice-Chair of the Board of the NIHE on a permanent basis.
Notes to editors:
- A public appointment process will commence in late March 2017 to fill the positions of both Chair and Vice-Chair of the Board of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive.
- The Commissioner for Public Appointments Northern Ireland has been consulted on the temporary appointment.
- The NIHE is a Non-Departmental Public Body, established by the Housing Executive Act (Northern Ireland) 1971. Under this Act, the NIHE took over the housing responsibilities of 65 separate authorities and became Northern Ireland’s overall housing authority. It is currently landlord to approximately 86,500 dwellings and is one of Northern Ireland’s largest public sector organisations with a budget of over £740m and a staff of approximately 2,700. The NIHE Board is responsible for the efficient, effective and economic delivery of the Housing Executive's services. It determines policies within its overall aims and objectives and makes decisions on operational and organisational strategies.
The current remuneration for the position of Vice-Chair of the Board is £16,150 per annum with a time commitment of at least 1 day per week.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published.
- Biographical details:
Mr Lomax has been a Board Member of the NIHE since 15 April 2013, for which he receives remuneration of £6,740 per annum. He is the former Deputy Chief Executive of the Housing Corporation in England and has acted as Interim Chief Executive of Helm Housing Association. He has chaired a number of housing bodies such as the London Housing Foundation. Mr Lomax brings extensive experience of handling complex financial and governance situations to the role. He has not undertaken any political activity in the last five years and does not hold any other public appointments.
- Media enquiries to DfC Press Office on 028 9082 3505 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
- Follow us on Twitter - @CommunitiesNI
- PRONI welcomes continuation of CAIN partnership 19 August 2019
- Warrenpoint man convicted for £7,000 benefit fraud 19 August 2019
- Benefit fraud weekly review 13 August 2019
- Reappointment of a Member of the Board of Trustees of WhoWhatWhereWhenWhy (W5) Ltd 13 August 2019