Communities Minister Carál Ní Chuilín has announced the reappointment of Professor Peter Roberts as the Chair of the NI Housing Executive (NIHE) Board until 4 November 2022.
Professor Roberts has served as Chair from 1 April 2019, with his first term due to end on 31 March 2021. He previously served as the NIHE Vice-Chair from 5 November 2012 to 31 January 2017 and then as Interim Chair from 01 February 2017 until 31 March 2019.
Notes to editors:
- The NIHE is a Non-Departmental Public Body, established by the Housing Executive Act (Northern Ireland) 1971. Under this Act, the NIHE took over the housing responsibilities of 65 separate authorities and became Northern Ireland’s overall housing authority. It is currently landlord to approximately 86,500 dwellings and is one of Northern Ireland’s largest public sector organisations with a budget of over £740m and a staff of approximately 2,700. The NIHE Board is responsible for the efficient, effective and economic delivery of the Housing Executive's services. It determines policies within its overall aims and objectives and makes decisions on operational and organisational strategies.
- The current remuneration for the position of a Chair is £32,512K per annum, with an expected time commitment of at least 2 days per week.
- This reappointment has been made in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland Code of Practice.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires political activity of appointees to be published.
- Biographical Details
Prof Peter Roberts OBE
Professor Roberts is Co-Chair of the Belfast Resilience and Sustainability Board and Professor Emeritus at the University of Leeds. He has a vast array of housing and regeneration experience and brings sound analytical skills and strong experience relevant to the work of the Housing Executive. Professor Roberts is a Lay Member of the Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group and a Non – Executive Director of Change Housing. He holds no other public appointments and has had no political activity during the last five years.
6. Media enquiries to DFC Press Office
7. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
8. Follow us on twitter @CommunitiesNI
- Minister encourages people not to miss out on claiming Pension Credit 29 September 2020
- £7m fund to open for Social Enterprises 25 September 2020
- £40m allocated to help address pressures faced by local Councils 24 September 2020
- Funding provides lifeline to Arts, Culture and Heritage sectors - Ní Chuilín 24 September 2020