A technical issue in the benefits computer system means some Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) customers will receive weekly payments instead of their normal fortnightly payments.
This affects customers due a fortnightly payment on Monday 15 January 2018. Instead, these customers will receive two weekly payments, on Monday 8 and 15 January.
No one will miss out on a payment and customers do not need to take any further action. However, customers should take account of this split in payments while planning their financial needs and budget accordingly.
It is expected that less than 10% of ESA claimants (up to 11,000 claimants) may be affected.
Normal fortnightly payments will resume on 29 January.
The Department for Communities apologises for any inconvenience caused.
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to DfC Press Office on 028 90 823 502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on twitter
- Two convicted at Derry Magistrates’ Court of benefit fraud 19 April 2018
- Benefit fraud weekly review 17 April 2018
- Two convicted at Belfast Magistrates’ Court of benefit fraud 17 April 2018
- Londonderry man convicted of benefit fraud 13 April 2018