A technical issue in the benefits computer system means some Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) customers will receive weekly payments instead of their normal fortnightly payments.
This affects customers due a fortnightly payment on Monday 15 January 2018. Instead, these customers will receive two weekly payments, on Monday 8 and 15 January.
No one will miss out on a payment and customers do not need to take any further action. However, customers should take account of this split in payments while planning their financial needs and budget accordingly.
It is expected that less than 10% of ESA claimants (up to 11,000 claimants) may be affected.
Normal fortnightly payments will resume on 29 January.
The Department for Communities apologises for any inconvenience caused.
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to DfC Press Office on 028 90 823 502 or email email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on twitter
- Extension of appointments to the Board of National Museums NI 17 May 2019
- Suspended sentence for benefit fraud 15 May 2019
- Developer Appointed for Queen’s Parade, Bangor 14 May 2019
- Conditional discharge for benefit fraud 14 May 2019