The Department for Communities has announced the closure of the Boiler Replacement Scheme.
The Scheme, which offered a grant of up to £1,000 for homeowners to replace boilers that are over 15 years old, has ended due to budgetary constraints, and applications will no longer be accepted.
The Department will continue to fund the Affordable Warmth Scheme to help those on lower incomes with the costs of energy efficiency measures. The Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE) will continue to replace boilers for those customers who have already received formal approval. Customers whose applications cannot be processed will be contacted by NIHE.
Free comprehensive advice and support on how to save energy in the home and eligibility for help to improve energy efficiency on assistance is available from the NI Energy Advice Line Service on 0800 111 44 55.
Notes to editors:
1. The Boiler Replacement Scheme (BRS) was to help homeowners with the cost of replacing boilers. It was delivered across Northern Ireland on behalf of the Department by the Northern Ireland Housing Executive. The BRS was aimed at homeowners and who have a household gross income less than £40,000 per year and replaced gas, LPG or oil-fired boilers which were at least 15 years old.
2. Between 2012-13 and 2022-23, 48,926 grants were approved amounting to £32.9 million.
3. Media enquiries to DfC Press Office on email Press Office
4. Follow us on Twitter @CommunitiesNI
5. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110
- Event to celebrate International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPWD) 2023 24 November 2023
- Village Catalyst breathes new life into Ederney 17 November 2023
- Historic documents to be put on display as part of a regional tour of local libraries by PRONI 14 November 2023
- Public appointment opportunity: Appointment of members to the Northern Ireland Central Investment Fund for Charities Advisory Committee 10 November 2023