Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey has announced that she has secured £16million for the Housing Executive for the implementation of the Tower Block Action Plan and Thermal Insulation programmes.
Speaking today the Minister said:
“This additional money will allow the Housing Executive to invest in their stock to ensure that tenants have warmer homes, resulting in more comfortable, healthier living conditions and lower heating bills which is welcome given the current increases in heating costs. This will also support the Housing Executive’s Net Zero Carbon target.
“It will also be utilised to fund costs of implementing the Tower Block Action Plan to replace inefficient, poorly insulated blocks with new modern, energy efficient homes that better meet the needs of tenants, applicants and the communities in which they are located.”
Notes to editors:
1. Media enquiries to DFC Press Office on email Press Office
2. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
3. Follow us on twitter @CommunitiesNI
- Department launches recruitment competition for new Discretionary Support Commissioner 20 June 2022
- Hargey urges people to ‘Make the Call’ to maximise benefit support 17 June 2022
- Cost-of-living crisis hitting vital community services - Hargey 16 June 2022
- Hargey confirms cost-of-living payments 15 June 2022