Conditions to be satisfied
There are three conditions which must be satisfied prior to alcohol being sold at the event:
- the Department, in response to a request made by the person organising the event, has published a statement that, in its opinion, the event:
- is being held to promote food, drink or craftwork produced in Northern Ireland or relates to agriculture in Northern Ireland; and
- is of importance to the area of Northern Ireland in which it is being held.
- a senior police officer, in response to a request made by the person organising the event, has given the person written approval for intoxicating liquor to be sold at the event for consumption away from the place where the event is being held.
- a senior police officer, in response to a request made by the holder of the local producer’s licence, has given the holder written approval for the sale by holder, or a servant or agent, of intoxicating liquor at the event.
All requests can be made at the same time, but must be made at least 2 weeks before the day of the event, or the first day of the event, however event organisers are encouraged to make their request to the Department at the earliest opportunity.
Requests should be submitted to the Department for Communities’ Social Policy Unit: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details are available on pages 14 and 15 in the Licensing and Registration of Clubs (Amendment) Act (Northern Ireland) 2021- Guide.
Anyone who would like to discuss a request for an event may contact officials using the email address above or using the contact details within the Guide.
Under Article 52D(2) of the Licensing (NI) Order 1996 – local producer’s licence: sales not on licensed premises, the Department for Communities is of the opinion that the following event is:
- being held to promote food, drink or craftwork produced in Northern Ireland, or relates to agriculture in Northern Ireland; and
- of importance to the area in Northern Ireland in which the event is being held.
|Name of event||Location of event||Date/duration of event|
|Warrenpoint Artisan Market||Warrenpoint Municipal Park, Queen Street, Warrenpoint, BT34 3HZ||28 October 2023
25 November 2023
9 December 2023
24 February 2024
23 March 2024
|Newcastle Artisan Market||10 - 14 Central Promenade, Newcastle, BT33 0AA||7 October 2023
4 November 2023
2 December 2023
3 February 2024
2 March 2024
|Newry Artisan Market||Newry Variety Market, John Mitchell Place, Newry, BT34 2BP||8 October 2023
12 November 2023
10 December 2023
11 February 2024
10 March 2024
|Downpatrick Artisan Market||St Patrick's Square, Market Street, Downpatrick, BT30 6LZ||21 October 2023
18 November 2023
16 December 2023
17 February 2024
16 March 2024
|Bushmills Salmon & Whiskey Festival||Various locations in Bushmills||6-8 October 2023|