Uniting Opportunities, a small grants programme administered by the Department for Communities (DfC) as part of the Together: Building a United Community Strategy, is now open for applications.
Uniting Opportunities supports the wider Uniting Communities Programme by delivering projects which will promote good relations and reconciliation through sport, physical and creative activity by addressing the barriers to community participation that some young people face.
The Department recognises that the life experiences of young people varies widely and there are those who face multiple barriers when it comes to engaging with their local community. To help support those most in need, the Uniting Opportunities programme will target young people, aged between 11 and 24 years, who identify with the following groups:
- Young and Homeless
- Young People with poor mental health and/or addictions
- Young refugees and asylum seekers
- Young offenders (and young people most at risk of offending)
- Young people in care
- Young people with a disability
Stage one of the process is now open for applications. The information provided will enable DfC to assess applicants’ suitability to deliver projects to the target groups above and compile a list of project delivery partners that will be held for a period of up to 24 months. DfC will then issue a call for project proposals, subject to identified need. It is envisaged that the first of these this will take place during October 2017.
DfC will be holding a number of workshops during this week to discuss the programme in more detail with interested organisations. Further information on these and the stage one application form are available.
Applications for the Programme close at 4pm on Friday 22 September 2017.
Notes to editors:
- Applications to the Uniting Opportunities Programme follows a two stage process.
- For media enquiries please contact the Department for Communities Press Office on 028 9082 3509 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on twitter.
- Hargey announces Neighbourhood Renewal funding protected until 2022 28 February 2020
- Completion of new roof at Carrickfergus Castle a towering success 26 February 2020
- Extension of appointment to the Board of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive 24 February 2020
- Young ambassadors empowered to deliver change in their community 19 February 2020