The Steps 2 Success statistical bulletin, providing an overview of referrals, starts and employment outcomes for the programme, was published by the Department for Communities today.
- A total of 47,387 clients have been referred to the Steps 2 Success programme from its inception on 20 October 2014 to 31 March 2017.
- At the end of March 2017 a total of 41,777 clients had started the programme, of which 72% were in the JSA 25+ category, 23% were in the JSA 18-24 category and 5% were in the JSA Early Entry category. Only a small number of ESA and Voluntary clients have started the programme.
- The into employment statistics contained in the bulletin focus on those clients who started the programme during the first 18 months (between October 2014 and March 2016) as the majority of these clients have completed the programme. For this period 29% (8,284) of clients have moved into employment. Performance has increased from 28% in the first quarter of the programme to 37% in Jan-Mar 2016.
- The percentage of clients moving into employment varies across the three Contract Areas from 32% in the Southern region to 29% in the Belfast region and 25% in the Northern region. The overall baseline performance level is 28%.
- For the JSA 18-24 category, 38% of participants who started the programme between October 2014 and March 2016 have moved into employment. This has increased from 35% in the first quarter to 45% in the most recent quarter. During the same period the JSA 25+ category has seen performance improve from 26% in the first quarter to 33% in the most recent quarter and sits at 26% overall.
- The 6 month sustainment statistics contained in the bulletin focus on those clients who started the programme during the first 12 months (between October 2014 and September 2015) as the majority of these clients have completed the programme and have had time to sustain employment for 6 months. For this period 18% (4,331) of clients have sustained employment for 6 months.
- Early into employment figures for clients who started the programme during the first 30 months (between October 2014 and March 2017), show that Steps 2 Success has helped 10,368 clients into employment. As the majority of clients from the latter monthly cohorts are still on the programme, the number moving into employment for this period is expected to increase over time.
Notes to editors:
- The Steps 2 Success statistical bulletin provides an up to date overview of the Department for Communities main employment programme.
- The publication covers the period from October 2014 to March 2017.
- The publication is produced quarterly in February, May, August and November each year.
- Previous publications are available.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Communities Press Office on 028 9082 3502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Competition to appoint new Members to the Board of Sport NI 04 March 2021
- Hargey announces £230,000 investment in Craigavon 03 March 2021
- Appointment of a Trustee to the Board of Governors and three Members to the Management Committee of Armagh Observatory and Planetarium 03 March 2021
- Appointment of a Chair and two Directors to the Board of the Northern Ireland Museums Council 03 March 2021