The Steps 2 Success statistical bulletin, providing an overview of referrals, starts and employment outcomes for the programme, was published by the Department for Communities today.
- a total of 32,714 clients have been referred to the Steps 2 Success programme from its inception on 20 October 2014 to 31 March 2016
- at the end of March 2016 a total of 28,908 clients had started the programme, of which 70% were in the JSA 25+ category, 23% were in the JSA 18-24 category and 7% were in the JSA Early Entry category. Only a small number of ESA and Voluntary clients have started the programme
- the employment statistics contained in the bulletin focus on those clients who started the programme during the first six months (between October 2014 and March 2015) as the majority of these clients have completed the programme. For this period 22% (3,842) of clients have moved into employment
- the percentage of clients moving into employment varies across the three Contract Areas from 28% in the Southern region to 22% in the Belfast region and 18% in the Northern region. The overall expected performance level is 28%
- approximately 31% of clients within the JSA 18-24 category who started the programme during the first 6 months have moved into employment, compared to 21% from the JSA 25+ category and 14% of JSA Early Entrants
- early into employment figures for clients who started the programme during the first 18 months (between October 2014 and March 2016), show that Steps 2 Success has helped 5,822 clients, into employment. As the majority of clients from the latter monthly cohorts are still on the programme, the number moving into employment for this period is expected to increase over time
Notes to editors:
- The Steps 2 Success statistical bulletin provides an up to date overview of the Department for Communities main employment programme.
- The publication is based on data up to March 2016.
- The publication is produced quarterly in February, May, August and November each year.
- Previous publications are available from the Department’s website
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Communities Press Office on 028 9082 9497 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715440 and your call will be returned.
- Department for Communities invests in Mid & East Antrim town centre initiatives 02 October 2023
- £55 million of additional benefits claimed through ‘Make the Call’ 02 October 2023
- New Lower Shankill park officially opened 29 September 2023
- Statistics on engagement in culture, arts, heritage and sport released 28 September 2023