The Steps 2 Success statistical bulletin, providing an overview of referrals, starts and employment outcomes for the programme, was published by the Department for Communities today.
- A total of 36,203 clients have been referred to the Steps 2 Success programme from its inception on 20 October 2014 to 30 June 2016.
- At the end of June 2016, a total of 31,556 clients had started the programme, of which 69% were in the JSA 25+ category, 24% were in the JSA 18-24 category and 7% were in the JSA Early Entry category. Only a small number of ESA and Voluntary clients have started the programme.
- The into employment statistics contained in the bulletin focus on those clients who started the programme during the first 9 months (between October 2014 and June 2015) as the majority of these clients have completed the programme. For this period 24% (5,083) of clients have moved into employment.
- The percentage of clients moving into employment varies across the three Contract Areas from 29% in the Southern region to 24% in the Belfast region and 20% in the Northern region. The overall expected performance level is 28%.
- Approximately 33% of clients within the JSA 18-24 category who started the programme during the first nine months have moved into employment, compared to 22% from the JSA 25+ category and 17% of JSA Early Entrants.
- The six month sustainment statistics contained in the bulletin focus on those clients who started the programme during the first 3 months (between October 2014 and December 2014) as the majority of these clients have completed the programme and have had time to sustain employment for six months. For this period 15% (1,050) of clients have sustained employment for six months.
- Early into employment figures for clients who started the programme during the first 21 months (between October 2014 and June 2016), show that Steps 2 Success has helped 6,773 clients into employment. As the majority of clients from the latter monthly cohorts are still on the programme, the number moving into employment for this period is expected to increase over time.
Notes to editors:
- The Steps 2 Success statistical bulletin provides an up to date overview of the Department for Communities main employment programme.
- The publication covers the period from October 2014 to June 2016.
- The publication is produced quarterly in February, May, August and November each year.
- Previous publications are available.
- Department launches recruitment competition for new Discretionary Support Commissioner 20 June 2022
- Hargey urges people to ‘Make the Call’ to maximise benefit support 17 June 2022
- Cost-of-living crisis hitting vital community services - Hargey 16 June 2022
- Hargey confirms cost-of-living payments 15 June 2022