The Steps 2 Success statistical bulletin, providing an overview of referrals, starts and employment outcomes for the programme, was published by the Department for Communities today.
- A total of 44,307 clients have been referred to the Steps 2 Success programme from its inception on 20 October 2014 to 31 December 2016.
At the end of December 2016 a total of 38,913 clients had started the programme, of which 71% were in the JSA 25+ category, 23% were in the JSA 18-24 category and 5% were in the JSA Early Entry category. Only a small number of ESA and Voluntary clients have started the programme.
- The into employment statistics contained in the bulletin focus on those clients who started the programme during the first 15 months (between October 2014 and December 2015) as the majority of these clients have completed the programme. For this period 28% (7,458) of clients have moved into employment. Performance has increased from 28% in the first quarter of the programme to 33% in Oct-Dec 2015.
- The percentage of clients moving into employment varies across the three Contract Areas from 32% in the Southern region to 28% in the Belfast region and 24% in the Northern region. The overall baseline performance level is 28%.
- For the JSA 18-24 category, 37% of participants who started the programme between October 2014 and December 2015 have moved into employment. This has increased from 34% in the first quarter to 42% in the most recent quarter. During the same period the JSA 25+ category has seen performance improve from 25% in the first quarter to 29% in the most recent quarter and sits at 25% overall.
- The six month sustainment statistics contained in the bulletin focus on those clients who started the programme during the first nine months (between October 2014 and June 2015) as the majority of these clients have completed the programme and have had time to sustain employment for six months. For this period 17% (3,528) of clients have sustained employment for six months.
- Early into employment figures for clients who started the programme during the first 27 months (between October 2014 and December 2016), show that Steps 2 Success has helped 9,560 clients into employment. As the majority of clients from the latter monthly cohorts are still on the programme, the number moving into employment for this period is expected to increase over time.
Notes to editors:
- The Steps 2 Success statistical bulletin provides an up to date overview of the Department for Communities main employment programme.
- The publication covers the period from October 2014 to December 2016.
- The publication is produced quarterly in February, May, August and November each year.
- Previous publications are available from the Department’s website
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Communities Press Office on 028 9082 3503 or email email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Department for Communities celebrates success of Special Olympics Ulster athletes at World Summer Games 21 September 2023
- Competition to appoint Members and Expert Advisors to the Ministerial Advisory Group (MAG) and the Built Environment NI 21 September 2023
- Closure of Boiler Replacement Scheme 21 September 2023
- Department for Communities commits to more investment in Warrenpoint Front Shore 21 September 2023