The Department for Communities has allocated £663,000 for environmental improvement schemes in three Neighbourhood Renewal Areas in Derry City and Strabane District Council.
The schemes will include the upgrading of footways and the resurfacing of carriageways at Lone Moor Road between Letterkenny Road and Brandywell Road; in Danesfort, an Outer North Neighbourhood Renewal area and in the Magirr Park area, Strabane. The upgrading of street lighting will also be undertaken in the Danesfort and Magirr Park areas.
This expenditure of £663,000 will be met from existing in year resources and will enhance the community infrastructure improving access for residents, upgraded lighting and improved carriageway-footway links enhancing pedestrian safety. These works will also complement the ongoing redevelopment scheme at the Brandywell Stadium.
The works are anticipated to commence in early January 2018 and will continue for a period of six weeks. The works will enhance the physical appearance, safety and accessibility in these areas.
Notes to editors:
1. The works for these projects include 8,375m² of footway surface upgraded, 10,560m² of carriageway surface upgraded and an upgrade of the lighting in the Danesfort and Magirr Park projects.
2. The total investment of £663,000 regeneration includes:
Lone Moor Road - £198,000
Danesfort Park area - £389,000
Magirr Park Strabane - £76,000
3. The Lone Moor Road project will upgrade the footway and carriageway, enhancing the current Brandywell Stadium redevelopment project which is scheduled for completion in early 2018.
4. Media enquiries to DfC Press Office on 02890823504 or email Press.Office@communities-ni.gov.uk. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383.
- Extension of appointments to the Board of National Museums NI 17 May 2019
- Suspended sentence for benefit fraud 15 May 2019
- Developer Appointed for Queen’s Parade, Bangor 14 May 2019
- Conditional discharge for benefit fraud 14 May 2019