Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey has welcomed the completion of revitalise schemes in Omagh and Enniskillen.
Funding totalling £491,000 has delivered shop frontage improvements to 91 properties and street cleaning as well as creating a new place brand for each town. Funding has also enabled the purchase of new Christmas illuminations to bring the towns to life over the festive season, improving the aesthetics and enhancing the shopping experience.
Minister Hargey said:
“My Department is committed to supporting the regeneration of our town centres and building a safe and welcoming community for all. The funding through these revitalise schemes has made an amazing difference making the towns feel bright and energised. The recent pandemic has brought our high street into greater focus and these schemes have breathed life in to the town centres and created an improved environment to welcome the return to locals and visitors alike.”
Chair of Fermanagh & Omagh District Council, Cllr Errol Thompson said:
“Fermanagh and Omagh District Council is committed to working in partnership with other stakeholders to make the district a great place to live, work and visit. The partnership between the Council and the Department for Communities in the delivery of the Shop Front Revitalisation Scheme has delivered wonderful results in both Omagh and Enniskillen with the latest phase of the scheme really helping to reinvigorate the town centres to supplement the recent rebranding of both Enniskillen and Omagh as vibrant and exciting places to visit and to shop in.
“The outcomes will bring many benefits to businesses located in the areas to improve the image and experience for those shopping and visiting our town centres as we recover from the impact of the Covid19 pandemic.”
Notes to editors:
- The project was managed by Fermanagh & Omagh District Council.
- Press enquiries to the DfC Press Office.
- Follow us on twitter @CommunitiesNI
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Hargey releases £2.7million of Covid support to creative individuals 03 December 2021
- Hargey celebrates United Nations International Day of Persons with Disabilities 03 December 2021
- Hargey consults to increase protections for people and families at risk of eviction 01 December 2021
- Hargey launches Queen’s Quay development consultation 29 November 2021