Communities Minister, Paul Givan MLA has announced that the North West will play host to a major Job Fair and Advice Forum.
The fair, which will take place in the Millennium Forum, Londonderry on Thursday 6 October between 10.00am and 3.00pm, has been organised by the Department for Communities in conjunction with Derry City and Strabane District Council.
The Minister said: “I am delighted that my Department is organising this Job Fair which brings employers, support organisations and jobseekers together under one roof. The Job Fair has something for everyone and I would encourage anyone, whether in work, unemployed or simply assessing education and training options, to explore the services which will be available on the day."
Over 20 employers including Fujitsu, Matalan, Foyle Food Groups and Convergys will be in attendance, as will a number of support organisations such as the Careers Service. A wide range of vacancies from a variety of sectors will be available as will advice and guidance on training opportunities. Department for Communities staff will be on hand to offer onsite practical Jobsearch advice including interview tips and techniques.
Claire McAllister, Northern Regional Manager for the Department for Communities said: “A range of support organisations will also be present to provide individuals with information, advice and guidance that can assist them progress towards work and better employment prospects, equipping them with the skills to compete in the labour market and meet the needs of employers both now and in the future.”
Mena Kearney, Project Officer, Derry City and Strabane District Council, said: “Derry City and Strabane District Council’s KickStart to Work Programme is delighted to work in partnership with the Department for Communities in organising the Job Fair. This event will assist enormously in providing advice on the training, employment and up-skilling opportunities currently available to individuals, who are looking to find work, re-train or develop skills to find a new career path.”
Large and small employers from across the North West will be available to answer questions and to discuss employment opportunities.
If you're in the market for a new career - or looking for the first step on the ladder - this is the place you need to be. The event is free and open to all so just bring yourself and your CV along.
For further information about the Jobs Fair contact Karen Doyle on 028 7127 6930 or Bridgeen O’Hagan on 028 7127 6949 or visit Jobcentre Online.
Notes to editors:
- The Jobs Fair and Advice Forum will take place between 10am and 3pm on Thursday 6 October 2016 at The Millennium Forum, Londonderry
- Further information for jobseekers is also available on nidirect
- All media enquiries should be directed to the Department for Communities Communications Branch on 028 90 829295. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- Minister encourages people not to miss out on claiming Pension Credit 29 September 2020
- £7m fund to open for Social Enterprises 25 September 2020
- £40m allocated to help address pressures faced by local Councils 24 September 2020
- Funding provides lifeline to Arts, Culture and Heritage sectors - Ní Chuilín 24 September 2020