Job opportunities to be seized at major Newry, Mourne and Down Crossborder job fair.
The Department for Communities, in partnership with Newry, Mourne and Down District Council and EURES Cross Border Partnership, is hosting a major crossborder job fair in Newry on Wednesday 17th October 2018.
The Crossborder Job Fair will take place in the Canal Court Hotel, Newry between 11am and 2pm and between 4pm and 6pm, and admission is free.
More than 50 employers will take part with representatives from across many different sectors including the manufacturing, hospitality, care and retail sectors. These employers will be on hand to answer questions and discuss training and employment opportunities with anyone interested.
Councillor Mark Murnin, Chairperson of Newry, Mourne and Down District Council said, “Economic development and the provision of local jobs within the district is a major priority within the Council’s Corporate Plan. This event is an important driver towards these objectives and the Council is delighted to be partnering with the Department for Communities and EURES Cross Border Partnership in bringing this event to Newry.”
Aiming to offer those seeking employment the opportunity to meet a range of prospective employers and apply for work, it is a chance to enhance your employability and learn about the types of jobs that are currently available.
Stephen McGlew from the Department for Communities said “We are delighted to be working in partnership with Newry, Mourne and Down District Council in organising and delivering this job fair.
This initiative is an excellent opportunity to make connections, get advice, and apply for real employment opportunities; and really does promote the spirit of the ‘Local Works!’ agenda, which aims to bring together local stakeholders to work in close partnership and deliver recruitment initiatives that are tailored to shared local needs.”
Joe Lavery, EURES Cross Border Partnership Ireland – N Ireland Coordinator said: “The job fair will showcase a range of employers and vacancies in the cross border area and give jobseekers as well as job changers from both jurisdictions the opportunity to seize local, worthwhile opportunities. We are looking forward to a very successful event.”
Paula Ludlow, HR Services Manager from Translink, one of the employers attending the Job Fair, said “Translink are delighted to be able to participate in this event to promote the diverse range of employment opportunities across the company and in particular, their current vacancies for Bus Drivers in the Newry area”.
A range of support organisations will also be on hand to provide advice and guidance on training and employment programmes currently available for anyone seeking to upskill or retrain.
Further information about the Crossborder Job Fair is available by contacting the Employer Engagement team at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 028 90909338 or by visiting www.nidirect.gov.uk/newry-job-fair
Notes to editors:
- The Crossborder Job Fair and Advice Forum will take place on Wednesday 17th October 2018 in the Canal Court Hotel, Merchants Quay, Newry BT35 8HF between 11am and 2pm and between 4pm and 6pm.
- Further information for jobseekers is also available on https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/finding-job
- All media enquiries should be directed to the Department for Communities Press Office on 028 9082 3512. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Benefit fraud weekly review 18 December 2018
- £335,000 being invested in Enniskillen 18 December 2018
- Listed Signal Box to remain at new Portrush Train Station 18 December 2018
- Community service for £2,500 benefit fraud 18 December 2018