Minister for Communities Deirdre Hargey MLA has opened a £200,000 funding package to assist those hosting events in Belfast City Centre.
The Belfast City Centre Event Scheme is aimed at encouraging arts, cultural and community based events and activities in Belfast City Centre taking place between April 2020 and March 2021.
There are a number of event spaces available for use in the Belfast City Centre area including Custom House Square, Cotton Court, Donegall Quay and Writers Square.
Minister Hargey said: “My Department, through this grants initiative, is committed to supporting arts, cultural and community events throughout Belfast City Centre. Not only do events help bring the city to life and contribute to its continued regeneration and economic development but importantly they provide an excellent platform to encourage local involvement and community participation.
“During my time as Mayor of Belfast, I saw first-hand how such investment can have a strong impact on what the city has to offer for people from all sections of our community from its residents to its visitors.
“The application process is now open and I would encourage those organising events to come forward and apply for funding.”
The closing date for applications is 27 February 2020.
Notes to editors:
- The Belfast City Centre Event Grant Scheme is aimed at supporting events that contribute to the regeneration and revitalisation of Belfast City Centre. The event needs to encourage local involvement and community and business participation and contribute to the attraction of visitors to the area. In the past, approximately 30 events have been supported by the scheme each year.
- Details on how to apply for the grants and a copy of the map of the Belfast City Centre area are available from the Department’s Belfast Regeneration Directorate by calling 028 9082 9246 or emailing BRD. Further details are also available on the Department’s website
- Media enquiries to DfC Press Office on 028 90823516. Out of office hours please contact Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on twitter @CommunitiesNI
- Extension of appointment to the Board of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive 24 February 2020
- Young ambassadors empowered to deliver change in their community 19 February 2020
- Work underway on upgrade of Derry’s Bonds Hill 10 February 2020
- Ministers launch Special Olympics Ireland Winter Games 05 February 2020