Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey has announced a £1.1m investment for Lanark Way with works on a new public realm scheme due to get underway soon.
The scheme will deliver significant physical regeneration improvements along the entire length of Lanark Way from the Shankill Road junction to the junction with the Springfield Road.
Minister Hargey said:
“I am delighted to announce this investment of £1.1m from my Department to fund the construction phase of a new public realm scheme at Lanark Way, Belfast.
“This scheme will unlock wider physical and social regeneration by improving the streetscape for the local community and the numerous visitors who visit the nearby murals.
“This funding will complement previous public realm works funded by my Department and is part of our ongoing commitment to the regeneration of our towns and city centres.”
Improvement works will include upgrading of footways, landscaping, boundary treatments and new street furniture.
Notes to editors:
- The Public Realm works are due to start by Dec 2022 and will complement the recently completed Department for Communities funded Lanark Way Extended Junction public realm scheme.
- Media enquiries to: DfC Press Office.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter- @CommunitiesNI
- Event to celebrate International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPWD) 2023 24 November 2023
- Village Catalyst breathes new life into Ederney 17 November 2023
- Historic documents to be put on display as part of a regional tour of local libraries by PRONI 14 November 2023
- Public appointment opportunity: Appointment of members to the Northern Ireland Central Investment Fund for Charities Advisory Committee 10 November 2023