Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey has announced a £1.1m investment for Lanark Way with works on a new public realm scheme due to get underway soon.
The scheme will deliver significant physical regeneration improvements along the entire length of Lanark Way from the Shankill Road junction to the junction with the Springfield Road.
Minister Hargey said:
“I am delighted to announce this investment of £1.1m from my Department to fund the construction phase of a new public realm scheme at Lanark Way, Belfast.
“This scheme will unlock wider physical and social regeneration by improving the streetscape for the local community and the numerous visitors who visit the nearby murals.
“This funding will complement previous public realm works funded by my Department and is part of our ongoing commitment to the regeneration of our towns and city centres.”
Improvement works will include upgrading of footways, landscaping, boundary treatments and new street furniture.
Notes to editors:
- The Public Realm works are due to start by Dec 2022 and will complement the recently completed Department for Communities funded Lanark Way Extended Junction public realm scheme.
- Media enquiries to: DfC Press Office.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter- @CommunitiesNI
- Records from 1997/98 made publicly available online 06 December 2022
- Disability on the Record exhibition opens ahead of the UN’s International Day for Persons with Disabilities 28 November 2022
- Disability on the Record – Exhibition to celebrate International Day of Persons with Disabilities 21 November 2022
- Competition to appoint the Chair to the Board of National Museums NI 10 November 2022