The Department for Communities has today launched a competition to appoint a new Commissioner to review Local Government Boundaries.
This will be a one year, full time appointment running from April 2020. The Department has a legal obligation to appoint a Commissioner every 8-12 years with the last review of Local Government Boundaries having been undertaken in 2009.
The Commissioner, who will be supported by one or more Assistant Commissioners, will have the responsibility of reviewing and making recommendations regarding the number, boundaries and names of local government districts and the wards into which each district is divided.
Notes to editors:
1. An application pack can be obtained via the following;
Telephone: 028 9081 9417
Text Relay Service: 18001 028 9081 9417
By writing to: Public Appointments, Governance Unit, Department for Communities, Level 5, NINE, Lanyon Place, Belfast, BT1 3LP.
If you require an application pack in a different format please contact us.
2. The deadline for receipt of applications is 12:00 noon on Thursday 6 February 2020. CVs and late applications will not be accepted. Interviews are expected to take place on 10 and 13 March 2020.
3. The remuneration for the post is £85,000 plus travel and subsistence.
4. The Department is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people irrespective of religious belief, gender, disability, ethnic origin, political opinion, age, marital status, sexual orientation or whether or not they have dependants.
5. Media enquiries to DfC Press Office on 028 9082 3516 or email: email@example.com Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 029 90378110.
6. Follow us on Twitter - @CommunitiesNI