Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey has introduced changes which will simplify the process for Neighbourhood Renewal grant administration.
The Minister announced the move, which will benefit circa 300 community based organisations across 65 geographical areas, during a visit to Shankill Women’s Centre.
Minister Hargey said: “I have listened to the sector and on the back of those discussions I have introduced changes to the application, appraisal and grant funding processes for 2022/23 with immediate effect. These changes aim to simplify the process and reduce the administrative burden on our valued delivery partners.
“The past 18 months of living within the Covid pandemic has been difficult for the community sector and our people, however it has also created an opportunity for learning and making improvements. The grant flexibilities introduced during the pandemic together with these streamlining measures demonstrate that I am committed to continued engagement, to making improvements and embedding lessons learned, including addressing unnecessary bureaucracy.
“Finally, I wish to once again acknowledge the vital role that these organisations play and to thank them for their continued commitment to providing critical services and to improving life opportunities for the most disadvantaged within our local communities.”
Notes to editors:
1. Caption: Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey is pictured during a visit to Shankill Women’s Centre with Betty Carlisle MBE (Chief Executive, SWC) and Lesley-Anne Kinnon (Funding and Development Manager, SWC) where she announced she was simplifying the Neighbourhood Renewal grant administration process.
2. More information on Neighbourhood Renewal (NR) and NR areas can be accessed here
3. Media enquiries to DfC Press Office.
4. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
5. Follow us on twitter @CommunitiesNI
- Applications open for the All-Ireland Heritage Skills Programme 06 May 2022
- Competition to appoint the Chair to the Board of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive. 07 April 2022
- Hargey announces establishment of Child Funeral Fund 27 March 2022
- Schools benefit from £1.37m funding – Hargey 25 March 2022