Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey has today launched a 12-week stakeholder engagement period into the 2021 Review of the Caravans Act.
The review seeks input from interested stakeholders to aid assessment of the key emerging issues of the current Caravans Act (Northern Ireland (NI) 2011 in order to inform potential options to address.
The Department for Communities is required to review parts of the interdepartmental Act relating to the the residential sector every five years however this year will be reviewed in its entirety.
Minister Hargey said:
“This engagement will allow stakeholders to engage and provide their views and help inform the overall outcome of the review.”
“The views of caravan owners and site owners and others in both the residential and holiday sector will help the cross-departmental working group determine what recommendations may be required to address potential concerns..
“I would therefore encourage those within the sector to take this opportunity to make your voice heard and help influence the findings of this review.”
The review questionnaire will run for 12 weeks from today until 08 March 2022 and is accessible here .
Notes to editors:
- As legislative provisions contained within the 2011 Act cut across the responsibility of more than one Department, DfC has undertaken to review all sections of the Act.
- A summary of stakeholder views, the Department’s response, and proposed next steps will be published during 2022.
- Media enquiries to the DfC Press Office
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @CommunitiesNI
- Event to celebrate International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPWD) 2023 24 November 2023
- Village Catalyst breathes new life into Ederney 17 November 2023
- Historic documents to be put on display as part of a regional tour of local libraries by PRONI 14 November 2023
- Public appointment opportunity: Appointment of members to the Northern Ireland Central Investment Fund for Charities Advisory Committee 10 November 2023