Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey has this evening expressed her disappointment at the decision of Regina Coeli House trustees to close its facility with immediate effect.
The Minister said: "The closure of this facility is disappointing and my priority is the safety of the women who need this service. My officials and I are working with the Housing Executive to respond to this decision quickly and in the best manner possible and alternative accommodation for the immediate term has been identified.
"The Department and the Housing Executive are working to explore longer term options for maintaining this kind of vital, housing service for women as urgently as possible."
Notes to editors:
1. Media enquiries to DFC Press Office on email Press Office.
2. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
3. Follow us on twitter @CommunitiesNI
- DfC to host cost-of-living information event in West Belfast 23 January 2023
- Extension of appointments to the Board of Libraries NI 19 January 2023
- Líofa Gaeltacht Bursary Scheme opens for 2023 17 January 2023
- Appointment of interim Chief Commissioner and Chair to the Board of the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland 04 January 2023