Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey has this evening expressed her disappointment at the decision of Regina Coeli House trustees to close its facility with immediate effect.
The Minister said: "The closure of this facility is disappointing and my priority is the safety of the women who need this service. My officials and I are working with the Housing Executive to respond to this decision quickly and in the best manner possible and alternative accommodation for the immediate term has been identified.
"The Department and the Housing Executive are working to explore longer term options for maintaining this kind of vital, housing service for women as urgently as possible."
Notes to editors:
1. Media enquiries to DFC Press Office on email Press Office.
2. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
3. Follow us on twitter @CommunitiesNI
- Change in delivery of the Affordable Warmth Scheme 02 June 2023
- Competition to appoint a new Commissioner to the Board of the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland 30 May 2023
- The re-appointment of two Members to the Board of Ulster Supported Employment Ltd (USEL) 19 May 2023
- Department consults on funding challenges 10 May 2023