The Templemore Avenue/Albertbridge Road junction in East Belfast is to receive a regeneration upgrade thanks to £497,000 funding announced by Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey.
The scheme will include an upgrade of footways and landscaping as well as shopfront improvement works. The scheme is due to start in March 2022.
Minister Hargey said:
“I am pleased to announce the £497k investment from my Department for a Public Realm Scheme on the Templemore Avenue / Albertbridge Road junction, in East Belfast.
“This major investment at this busy commercial intersection will boost the appearance of the entire area, bringing wider physical and social regeneration. It will also further link to and complement the other public realm improvements already delivered by my Department in this area.
“This investment will benefit local retailers, businesses, residents and visitors alike. Public Realm improvements such as these help to make our cities and towns more attractive and contribute to the sustainability of our local economy and long term viability and prosperity.”
The scheme will be delivered along the Albertbridge Road from Stormont Lane to Glenallen Street.
The scheme is due get underway in March by the appointed contractors, Maurice Flynn and Sons, with works due to complete by mid October 2022.
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to DfC Press Office on email.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter- @CommunitiesNI
- Applications open for the All-Ireland Heritage Skills Programme 06 May 2022
- Competition to appoint the Chair to the Board of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive. 07 April 2022
- Hargey announces establishment of Child Funeral Fund 27 March 2022
- Schools benefit from £1.37m funding – Hargey 25 March 2022