Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey has improved terms and conditions for Voluntary and Community Sector posts funded directly by her Department.
Minister Hargey said:
“The Voluntary and Community Sector organisations have served their communities with professionalism and have shown both innovation and a readiness to adapt services to meet the new challenges that have arisen.
“The value of the sector has not always been recognised through the level of financial support made available. I have listened to the sector’s concerns about their ability to improve terms and conditions for their employees, which has been constrained by funding approaches.
“I have changed this. This significant funding package will enable those organisations directly funded by my Department to improve the terms and conditions for their employees, something that is long overdue.”
The Minister concluded:
“The Voluntary and Community sector is critical. The changes I have introduced will ensure Real Living Wage rates, increased funding to support salary uplifts, increased employer pension contributions and funding for sick pay for VCS posts directly funded by this department.”
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to DfC Press Office
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @CommunitiesNI
- Change in delivery of the Affordable Warmth Scheme 02 June 2023
- Competition to appoint a new Commissioner to the Board of the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland 30 May 2023
- The re-appointment of two Members to the Board of Ulster Supported Employment Ltd (USEL) 19 May 2023
- Department consults on funding challenges 10 May 2023