Mr Andrew Haley’s appointment as Interim Chair of the Ministerial Advisory Group (MAG) has been extended from 1 September 2017 until 30 April 2018. Mr Haley has been Interim chair from 1 September 2016.
The Ministerial Advisory Group advises on policy implementation and champions good design in the built environment in Northern Ireland.
Notes to editors:
1. The Chair receives an honorarium of £6,000 per annum. Authorised expenses incurred through carrying out official duties will be reimbursed.
2. The extended appointment has been made in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland Code of Practice.
3. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published.
4. Biographical details:
Mr Andrew Haley - Mr Haley was initially appointed as Interim Chair on 1 September 2016 for a period of 12 months ending 31 August 2017. Prior to that he served as a member of the MAG from 1 May 2014 until 31 August 2016. He is a Director with The Paul Hogarth Company and as a Chartered Landscape Architect, Urban Designer and Regeneration Consultant has extensive experience of providing advice and delivering large, complex projects across the UK, Ireland and internationally. In December 2015, Design Council CABE announced his appointment as a Built Environment Expert, as part of what they refer to as the ‘largest and most skilled group of its kind in the country’. Mr Haley holds no other public appointments and has not undertaken any political activity in the past five years.
5. Media enquiries to the Department for Communities Press Office on 028 9082 3509 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours, please contact the Duty Press Office via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
6. Follow us on Twitter - @CommunitiesNI.
- Member appointments to the Northern Ireland Local Government Officers’ Superannuation Committee 26 May 2020
- Re-Opening of Outdoor Spaces at State Care Monuments 26 May 2020
- Hargey encourages landlords and tenants to work together 22 May 2020
- Extension of appointment to the Board of Ulster Supported Employment Ltd 21 May 2020