The first term of appointment of a Member of the Board of Ulster Supported Employment Ltd (USEL) has been extended from 1 January 2020 to 31 May 2020
- Ms Carol Magill
She has served on the USEL Board since 1 January 2017.
Notes to editors:
1. USEL is a Non-Departmental Public Body of the Department for Communities. It was established in 1962 to provide supported paid employment for disabled people. Approximately 70% of employees at its manufacturing facility in Belfast have a disability or heath related condition. Today USEL is the largest supporter of people with disabilities within Northern Ireland with offices in Belfast, Londonderry, Portadown and Ballymena. Each year the company supports over 1,500 people with disabilities in more than 750 companies to enter and sustain economic employment through its various employment programmes.
2. Board Members receive remuneration of £135 for each board meeting attended. Travel and subsistence allowances for official business will be payable. Any extra work undertaken will be paid at an hourly rate.
3. The extension has been made in accordance with the Code of Practice for Ministerial Public Appointments issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments NI.
4. All appointments and extension to appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published.
5. Biographical details:
Ms Carol Magill
Ms Magill is presently the UK Auditor/Assessor for the Communication Management Standard (CMS) with the PRCA (Public Relations and Communications Association.) In addition, Ms Magill operates a heritage building, the Coastguard Boat House on Belfast Lough, as an international tourism facility, and provides training on marketing via specialist tourism channels. She is a former civil servant, with roles in communication, youth training and responsibility for the ‘Generating Our Success’ strategy and was previously a Communication/Volunteer Manager with Action Mental Health. Ms Magill brings a range of planning and process management skills and experience to the USEL Board. She does not hold any other public appointments and has not undertaken any political activity in the last five years.
6. Media enquiries to DFC Press Office on 02890823532 or email: Press Office. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
7. Follow the Department on Twitter @CommunitiesNI
- Extension of appointment to the Board of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive 24 February 2020
- Young ambassadors empowered to deliver change in their community 19 February 2020
- Work underway on upgrade of Derry’s Bonds Hill 10 February 2020
- Ministers launch Special Olympics Ireland Winter Games 05 February 2020