The Department for Communities has extended the first term of appointment of Mr Richard Bullick as a member of the Board of Sport NI from 1 April 2018 to 30 September 2018.
Mr Bullick has been on the Board of Sport NI since 1 April 2014.
Notes to editors:
- The constitution of the Sports Council for NI (Sport NI) is set out in Schedule 1 of the Recreation and Youth Service (NI) Order 1986. Sport NI works with the Department for Communities to deliver on Sport Matters: The NI Strategy for Sport and Physical Recreation, 2009-2019. This Strategy sets out a new shared sporting vision of "a culture of lifelong enjoyment and success in sport", as well as the key strategic priorities for sport and physical recreation, and informs the direction of future investment - underpinning three areas: participation, performance and places.
- Board Member positions are unpaid, they receive expenses only.
- This extension has been made in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland Code of Practice.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments Northern Ireland requires political activity of appointees to be published
- Biographical details:
Mr Richard Bullick
Mr Bullick is an experienced PR professional, who has been a public sector communications manager for more than a decade. He is currently employed by the Education Authority. He has previously worked as a management consultant, in tourism project management and been a freelance sports journalist for almost 25 years, including covering three Rugby World Cups and other major international events. A long-time advocate for women in sport, Mr Bullick is currently a non-executive director / board member of Netball NI and was previously on the executive committee of Armagh LGFA. He has served as a director of two building preservation trusts. Mr Bullick has not undertaken any political activity in the last five years and holds no other public appointments.
- Media enquiries to DfC Press Office on 028 9082 3505 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383.
- Follow the Department on Twitter