The Department for Communities has extended the second term of appointment of Mr Norman Bennett from 1 September 2018 to 28 February 2019.
He has been on the Board of the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland since 1 September 2012.
Notes to editors:
1. The Charity Commission for Northern Ireland (CCNI) was established as the regulator of charities operating in Northern Ireland following the enactment of the Charities (Northern Ireland) Act 2008. The main functions of CCNI are to keep a public register of charities; encourage, facilitate and monitor compliance with charity law; determine charity status; identify and investigate misconduct in charity administration and take remedial or protective action as necessary.
2. The board of the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland comprises a Chief Commissioner, a Deputy Chief Commissioner and five Commissioners. The Chief Commissioner receives remuneration of £5,750 per annum, the Deputy Chief Commissioner £3,450 and Commissioners £2,300 per annum in respect of their appointments.
3. The extension to the term of appointment has been made in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland’s (CPA NI) Code of Practice.
4. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published.
5. Biographical Details: Mr Norman Bennett - Mr Bennett was formerly Director of Finance at the former Royal Hospitals Trust and also at Queens University Belfast. He also served as a governor of the South Eastern Regional College and has been involved in a number of charities. He is also a Trustee of a medium sized hospital based in the Middle East. Mr Bennett has declared no political activity in the last five years and holds no other public appointments.
6. For media enquiries please contact the Department for Communities Press Office on 028 9082 3505 or email email@example.com. For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
7. Follow the Department on Twitter
- Minister encourages people not to miss out on claiming Pension Credit 29 September 2020
- £7m fund to open for Social Enterprises 25 September 2020
- £40m allocated to help address pressures faced by local Councils 24 September 2020
- Funding provides lifeline to Arts, Culture and Heritage sectors - Ní Chuilín 24 September 2020