The Department for Communities is reminding tenants of Registered Housing Associations that the House Sales Scheme will end on 28 August 2022 as detailed in the Housing (Amendment) Act (NI) 2020.
It is important that tenants of Registered Housing Associations are aware that the scheme is coming to an end and advised of what they need to do if they wish to apply to purchase their home before the deadline of midnight on 27 August 2022.
Equally important is that tenants of the Housing Executive are aware that the changes do not apply to them and that the ‘Right to Buy’ scheme will continue at this time.
The Department has been actively engaging with the sector through the Federation of Housing Associations to ensure that there is a coordinated approach to delivering the message to tenants and wider stakeholders.
A fact sheet has been produced providing high level information for tenants and wider stakeholders. This includes some ‘what does this mean for me’ FAQs and also provides advice / links for tenants who wish to apply to purchase their home before the deadline. The fact sheet is available at End of House Sales Scheme Fact Sheet
Notes to editors:
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @CommunitiesNI
- Hargey celebrates United Nations International Day of Persons with Disabilities 03 December 2021
- Hargey releases £2.7million of Covid support to creative individuals 03 December 2021
- Hargey consults to increase protections for people and families at risk of eviction 01 December 2021
- Hargey launches Queen’s Quay development consultation 29 November 2021