A cost-of-living information event will take place in Newry next week, organised by the Department for Communities and supported by a range of community organisations and partners.
The free event, which will take place in The Quays Shopping Centre on Wednesday 15 February, is open to everyone and booking is not required.
Attendees will be able to access free advice and information on a range of cost-of-living issues from organisations such as the National Energy Action NI, Energy Advice NI and a range of local partners.
Department for Communities staff from Universal Credit, Make the Call and Discretionary Support will also be on hand to advise people on any additional supports to which they may be entitled.
The cost-of-living information and advice event is one of three currently scheduled with sessions in Belfast and Coleraine also taking place.
The Newry event will take place between 1pm and 4pm on Wednesday 15 February and all are welcome to attend. Further information on cost-of-living support is available at NI Direct
Notes to editors:
1. For media queries contact the Department for Communities press office via email at Press Office
2. Follow us on Twitter @CommunitiesNI
3. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Event to celebrate International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPWD) 2023 24 November 2023
- Village Catalyst breathes new life into Ederney 17 November 2023
- Historic documents to be put on display as part of a regional tour of local libraries by PRONI 14 November 2023
- Public appointment opportunity: Appointment of members to the Northern Ireland Central Investment Fund for Charities Advisory Committee 10 November 2023