The Department for Communities’ Developing Women in the Community Programme is now open.
Welcoming the opening of the Programme Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey said:
“This programme will aim to equip and empower women with the skills, knowledge and confidence to become involved in transformational community development. Women’s voices and participation are critical for thriving communities, and their leadership is key to a more normalised society, free from paramilitary influence.
”It will target women of all ages and will be delivered within the community, in areas which have been identified as areas in need. The programme will also provide the opportunity for participants to partake in a volunteering role within their community and to develop and deliver a small programme. Provision of Family Support will be a key element of the programme.”
The Fresh Start Agreement of November 2015 sets out the Executive’s commitment to tackling paramilitary activity and associated criminality and includes a commitment for the ‘development of a programme to increase the participation and influence of women in community development.’
Applications are invited from areas which have been identified as those most in need.
Details on funding, eligibility and the application process can be found at www.communities-ni.gov.uk/developing-women-in-the-community
Notes to editors:
- The Department for Communities has the following funding allocation for the 2021/22 financial year:
- Developing Women in the Community programme - £270,000
- Applications will be invited from identified areas only i.e. those with the highest number of recorded paramilitary related incidents
- Media enquiries to DfC Press Office via email@example.com
- Executive Information Service operates an out of hour’s service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on @CommunitiesNI
- Hargey launches new sports capital works programme 17 September 2021
- Hargey launches £5m fund to retain skills in the creative sector 15 September 2021
- Hargey vows to oppose ‘inhumane’ deportation plans 15 September 2021
- 14 September 2021