The Department for Communities has announced the creation of 100 temporary new jobs.
The positions, which will be based in Belfast for a period of 12 months, have been created for the delivery of child maintenance services on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
The appointments follow on from the Department for Communities’ ongoing delivery of contracted services for DWP, which includes delivery of the Child Maintenance Service, Universal Credit and other social security benefits.
It is expected that the new job creation will bring an additional £2.5m per annum into the local economy.
The posts are being filled via the existing NICS contract arrangements, with new recruits being appointed in stages during the second half of March 2021.
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to DFC Press Office.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
Follow us on twitter @CommunitiesNI
- Hargey: ‘I am more determined than ever to deliver a new stadium at Casement Park’ 28 July 2021
- Minister Hargey urges DWP to retain £20 Universal Credit uplift 27 July 2021
- Hargey welcomes the safe reopening of theatres and indoor concert settings 26 July 2021
- Minister Hargey continues to promote LGBTQI+ inclusion and visibility 23 July 2021