Commenting today following the decision to recommend planning approval for the new Casement Park stadium, Communities Minister Carál Ní Chuilín has said she is determined the project now progresses without further delay.
The Minister said: “Ensuring the new stadium at Casement Park is built is a key priority in the New Decade, New Approach agreement and I am fully committed to delivering on this priority area and will continue to work closely with our partners in the GAA and with Executive Colleagues. I have already spoken with Ulster GAA this afternoon and will ensure the next necessary steps are taken to move delivery of this much awaited project forward at a pace.
“As we can see from the redevelopment of the Windsor Park Stadium and the Kingspan Stadium, these projects have a positive impact for the whole community, which goes far beyond the benefits for sport. Especially in light of the Covid crisis, the social and economic benefits of having this project built for both Belfast and further afield are clear for all to see. This makes it all the more important that we move now to ensure the Casement project is finally delivered.”
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to DfC Press Office at email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @CommunitiesNI
- Individual artists first to benefit from £29m funding package 19 October 2020
- Liquor Licensing Bill introduced in the Assembly 19 October 2020
- COVID-19 Service Updates 19 October 2020
- Competition to appoint a Trustee to the Board of Governors and Members to the Management Committee of the Armagh Observatory and Planetarium 15 October 2020