Individuals and organisations who have information or experience of how the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) assessment process is working in Northern Ireland are being asked to share their views as part of the Independent Review.
The Review by Walter Rader will look at the operation of the PIP assessment since its introduction in June 2016.
This call for evidence is aimed at organisations and individuals who have information that is relevant to how the PIP assessment process is working for both new claims and Disability Living Allowance (DLA) reassessment claims.
This is one of several methods that will be used to gather information during the review. It will be used to help inform the Independent Reviewer’s conclusions and recommendations.
More information and details of how to respond to the consultation are available online.
The deadline for responses is Friday 16 March.
Notes to editors:
- Walter Rader was appointed in late 2017 as the PIP Independent Reviewer.
- This review complies with the Welfare Reform (NI) Order 2015 which states that an independent review must be undertaken within two years from the date Personal Independence Payment came into operation. PIP was introduced in Northern Ireland in June 2016.
- The review will report by June 2018.
- Media enquiries to DfC Press Office on 028 9082 3502 or email: email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383.
- Member appointments to the Northern Ireland Local Government Officers’ Superannuation Committee 26 May 2020
- Re-Opening of Outdoor Spaces at State Care Monuments 26 May 2020
- Hargey encourages landlords and tenants to work together 22 May 2020
- Extension of appointment to the Board of Ulster Supported Employment Ltd 21 May 2020