The Department for Communities, in partnership with Belfast City Council, is hosting a major job fair in Belfast’s Europa Hotel, on Wednesday 7 February 2018.
The event will run between 10.00am and 3.00pm and is free to attend.
Jobseekers are encouraged to come along to the event, where more than 75 employers will be available from a wide range of sectors, including manufacturing, I.T, healthcare, customer services and many more.
In response to the ongoing growth in Belfast’s hospitality sector, the Job Fair will also have a Hospitality Zone with various employers from across the sector available to discuss opportunities directly with interested jobseekers.
Discussing the event, Sharron Russell Director for Work & Wellbeing in the Department for Communities said: "The Belfast job fair is a fantastic opportunity for those searching for their first job, changing career, or simply looking for some advice with CV or interview skills. Working in partnership with Belfast City Council allows for a more bespoke and local approach to linking employers with prospective employees. I really would encourage anyone seeking work to come along on the 7th February to see what Belfast has to offer."
Belfast Lord Mayor, Councillor Nuala McAllister, said: "We are delighted to be working with the Department for Communities at this event to showcase the variety of jobs Belfast has to offer.
“It allows jobseekers to speak first hand to employers on all the jobs that are currently available over a large number of sectors. Past job fairs have been hugely successful and a great place to kick start that new career. I am sure this job fair will be equally successful,” the Lord Mayor added.
On the day, employers will be offering over 350 jobs. Advice and training organisations, including specialist disability organisations will also be on hand to provide support on training and employment.
The Department for Communities’ Job Search Services and the Department for the Economy’s Careers Service will also be in attendance with support for those looking to up-skill, retrain or enhance their employability.
Further information about the Job Fair is available by contacting the Employer Engagement Service by telephoning 02890 829374 or visit nidirect
Notes to editors:
1. The Job Fair will take place on Wednesday 7 February 2018 in the Europa Hotel Belfast between 10.00am and 3.00pm.
2. Further information for jobseekers is also available on the www.nidirect.gov.uk/belfast-job-fair
3. All media enquiries should be directed to the Department for Communities Press Office on 028 90 823512. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Member appointments to the Northern Ireland Local Government Officers’ Superannuation Committee 26 May 2020
- Re-Opening of Outdoor Spaces at State Care Monuments 26 May 2020
- Hargey encourages landlords and tenants to work together 22 May 2020
- Extension of appointment to the Board of Ulster Supported Employment Ltd 21 May 2020