The Department invites views from interested parties on the Draft Masterplan for the Greater Clarendon (Sailortown) area.
The Draft Masterplan seeks to provide an overarching framework for the development of the area and its key aims are:
- promote improved pedestrian and cycle links
- facilitate social and economic connections through the design of the environment and the improvement of key routes
- encourage active ground floor uses
- promote a development that protects and strengthens the heritage and urban form within the area
- promote new employment opportunities
- promote the provision of new housing development; and
- provide a co-ordinated approach to regeneration which takes into account proposed accessibility and transport arrangements, including proposals for the development and improvement of the public transport network
To obtain the documentation in alternative formats please contact the Department using the details above or by calling 028 90277641.
The proposals will also be on public display at the below times in Belfast Central Library, where Departmental officials will be on site to answer questions.
Monday 18th April (1.00pm – 4.00pm)
Thursday 21st April (4.00pm to 7.00pm)
Monday 25th April (1.00pm – 4.00pm)
Thursday 28th April (4.00pm – 7.00pm)