Jobseekers in the Mid and East Antrim area are being urged to make the most of the major job fair to be held in Ballymena on Thursday 2 February 2017.
The Job Fair and Advice Forum, which will take place in The Braid, Ballymena Town Hall, between 10am and 3pm on Thursday 2 February 2017, has been organised by the Department for Communities with Mid and East Antrim Borough Council, Unite the Union and Irish Congress of Trade Unions.
Over 30 employers including Blaney, Moore Concrete, Bluebird Care, and the Hilton Group will be in attendance. Large and small employers from across the borough will be available to answer questions and discuss training and employment opportunities.
Joan Connolly, Ballymena Jobs and Benefits office, offers the following advice: “Job fairs are a great way to meet employers, find vacancies and discover what skills, attributes and entry requirements they are looking for from applicants.
“Representatives from different employers, education and training organisations will be under one roof to provide you with information and advice about how they can help you with your future career.”
The Mayor of Mid and East Antrim Borough, Councillor Audrey Wales MBE said: “Job creation is central to the Council’s strategy with this Job Fair and Advice Forum being an excellent example of our ongoing work in partnership with not only potential employers, but also trade unions and the Department for Communities. The free event is an important step in helping achieve fuller employment across the Borough.”
Practical tips for job seekers planning on attending the job fair to help get the most out of this opportunity:
- Be prepared - review information about the Job Fair at the Jobcentre Online website
- Allow yourself adequate time. Come as early as possible. Prioritise the employers you're most interested in
- Be prepared to give some information about yourself, such as contact details, qualifications so far, future career aspirations and goals
- An updated CV would be useful to bring as some employers may be interested in reading it on the day
- Take notes when you enquire about next steps
Further information about preparing for a job fair is available on the nidirect website.
Notes to editors:
- The Job Fair and Advice Forum will take place on Thursday 2 February 2017 in the Braid, Ballymena Town Hall, 1-29 Bridge St, Ballymena BT43 5EJ between 10am and 3pm.
- Photo caption Group pic: Reminding the public that the countdown is on for the Mid & East Antrim Job Fair on 2 February are (L-R): Julie Gorman, ICTU; John Allen, Unite the Union; Debbie Rea, Blaney; Mayor Cllr Audrey Wales MBE; and Joan Connolly, Ballymena Jobs & Benefits Office. Everyone is welcome and admission is free.
- Photo caption Individual pic: Reminding the public that the countdown is on for the Mid and East Antrim Job Fair on 2 February is Joan Connolly, Ballymena Jobs & Benefits Office. Everyone is welcome and admission is free.
- Further information for jobseekers is also available on the nidirect website
- All media enquiries should be directed to the Department for Communities Press Office on 028 90823502. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Benefit fraud weekly review 16 July 2018
- Three convicted at Belfast Magistrates’ Court for benefit fraud 10 July 2018
- Department for Communities announces investment of £678,796 in North West 10 July 2018
- Suspended sentence for £61,000 benefit fraud 05 July 2018