A cost-of-living information event will take place in West Belfast this week, organised by the Department for Communities and supported by a range of community organisations and partners.
The free event, which will take place in the Kennedy Centre on Thursday, is open to everyone and booking is not required.
Attendees will be able to access free advice and information on a range of cost-of-living issues from organisations such as the National Energy Action NI, Energy Advice NI and a range of local partners.
Department for Communities staff from Universal Credit, Make the Call and Discretionary Support will also be on hand to advise people on any additional supports to which they may be entitled.
The West Belfast cost-of-living information and advice event is the first of three taking place over the next few weeks with sessions in Coleraine and Newry also planned.
The event will take place between 3pm and 7pm on Thursday 26 January and all are welcome to attend. Further information on cost-of-living support is available at NI Direct:
Notes to editors:
1. For media queries contact the Department for Communities press office via email at press.office
2. Follow us on Twitter @CommunitiesNI
3. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Change in delivery of the Affordable Warmth Scheme 02 June 2023
- Competition to appoint a new Commissioner to the Board of the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland 30 May 2023
- The re-appointment of two Members to the Board of Ulster Supported Employment Ltd (USEL) 19 May 2023
- Department consults on funding challenges 10 May 2023