The Department for Communities (DfC) has launched a £200,000 funding package for the Belfast City Centre Event Grant scheme.
The Belfast City Centre Event scheme is aimed at encouraging arts, cultural and community based events and activities in Belfast City Centre taking place between April 2019 and March 2020. In the past, approximately 30 events have been supported by the scheme each year.
Mark O’Donnell from the Department’s Belfast Regeneration Directorate said: “The objective of the Belfast City Centre Event Grant Scheme is to support events that contribute to the regeneration of the Belfast City Centre, encourage local involvement, community and business participation and attract visitors to the area.
“These events play a key role in sustaining life and vitality within the City Centre area. They promote Belfast nationally and internationally showcasing Belfast as a place to visit, shop and socialise.
“The application process for Belfast City Centre Event Grant funding is now open and I would encourage any organisation interested in organising events which will contribute to the revitalisation of Belfast City Centre, to come forward and apply for funding.”
Details on how to apply for the grants and a copy of the map of the Belfast City Centre area are available from the Department’s Belfast Regeneration Directorate by calling 028 90829296 or emailing BRD@communities-ni.gov.uk. Further details are also available on the Department’s website at here.
Notes to editors:
1. The Belfast City Centre Event Grant Scheme is aimed at supporting events that contribute to the regeneration and revitalisation of Belfast City Centre. The event needs to encourage local involvement and community and business participation and contribute to the attraction of visitors to the area.
2. There are a number of event spaces available for use in the Belfast City Centre area including Custom House Square, Cotton Court, Donegall Quay, Writers Square and Cathedral Gardens.
3. Applications for events taking place during the period 1 April 2019 and 31 March 2020 can be submitted any time during this period in advance of the event taking place.
5. Media enquiries to DfC Press Office on 028 90823505. Out of office hours please contact Duty Press Officer on 028 90378110.
6. Follow us on twitter @CommunitiesNI
- Conditional discharge for benefit fraud 18 June 2019
- 87% of people who “Made the Call” say the service has had a positive impact on their lives 17 June 2019
- Benefit fraud weekly review 17 June 2019
- 800th anniversary of PRONI’s oldest document 12 June 2019