The following new Councillor Member has been appointed to the Board, for a term of appointment, from 1 February 2020 until the date of the next local council elections:
- Cllr Julie Gilmour
Notes to editors:
1. The primary duty of the Northern Ireland Library Authority (known as Libraries NI), as set down in the Libraries Act (Northern Ireland) 2008, is to provide a comprehensive and efficient public library service for all.
2. The appointment has been made in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments Code of Practice.
3. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments requires the political activity of appointees to be published.
4. Biographical details of Member:
Cllr Julie Gilmour
Councillor Gilmour is an elected representative on Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council and is an active member of the Alliance Party in the local area. She is a member of the Operations committee which works with council directors and officers to deal with a wide number of services in the Borough. She is an elected member of the Peace IV Committee, and the Policing and Community Safety Partnership. In her past employment she has worked in sales and marketing, skills and experience of which she will bring to the Board. She is also a member of the Board of Governors of a local primary school.
5. Media enquiries to DFC Press Office on 028 9082 3516 or email: Press.firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
6. Follow the Department on Twitter
- Hargey welcomes return of spectators to sports events and further reopening of sports activities 13 May 2021
- Funding boost for Newry Neighbourhood Renewal Area 11 May 2021
- Hargey welcomes job opportunities for young people as JobStart scheme takes flight 10 May 2021
- Hargey updates the Housing Council on Housing Executive revitalisation 05 May 2021