This call for evidence is aimed at organisations and individuals who have information that is relevant to how the PIP assessment is operating for new claims, award reviews and change of circumstances. Evidence submitted will be used to inform a final independent report which will be laid in the Assembly.
Personal Independence Payment (PIP) - Second Independent Review of the Assessment Process  Call for evidence is available to complete online.
Closing date for responses is 16 October 2020.
The call for evidence will be one of several methods used to gather information during the review. Other methods include, engaging directly with operational staff and the Northern Ireland assessment provider involved in the delivery of PIP, as well as voluntary organisations who provide advice and support to claimants.
Documents can be requested in alternative formats. An Easyread version is available.
The aim of the consultation is to provide the Department for Communities with an independent report evaluating:
- progress made on recommendations arising from the first Review;
- awareness and experience of the PIP assessment process for new applications, award reviews and people reporting changes;
- the process to ensure the most appropriate assessment type is selected, paper-based reviews, face to face at the Assessment centre or the home.
- the effectiveness of the arrangements for ensuring accurate reports are produced; and
- how effectively further evidence is being used to assist the correct claim decision, exploring the balance between how much and the type of evidence sourced and what the claimant is asked to provide.
The final report is now available.