The author for this consultation is the Department for Work and Pensions. As such, all consultation information and related documents can be found on the GOV.uk website
The aim of the consultation is to gather evidence to assess how trustees of these schemes understand social factors and how they seek to integrate considerations of financially material social factors into their investment and stewardship activities.
The call for evidence is aimed at –
- pension scheme trustees and managers;
- pension scheme members and beneficiaries;
- pension scheme service providers, other industry bodies and professionals;
- civil society organisations;
- any other interested parties.
In general, Northern Ireland’s pensions policy and legislation operate in line with Britain and there is, in effect, a single pensions system. It is anticipated therefore that any changes will be introduced here, subject to the necessary Ministerial, Executive and Assembly approvals.