Role and purpose of the group
The Culture, Arts & Heritage Recovery Taskforce was commissioned to propose measures:
- to support the reopening of heritage sites, theatres, performance venues and relevant public gathering places in line with the Executive’s Pathway Out of Restrictions;
- to stimulate culture, arts and heritage activity, re-start the cultural economy and enable he sector to play a central role in rebuilding social and economic life here;
- to explore outdoor performance/activity, including at youth, amateur and community level across the summer, autumn and into the longer term, as a means of encouraging participation and building audience confidence as the opening of indoor and outdoor facilities and activities rolls out;
- to advise on any short-term actions to support skills retention and to provide opportunity for potential new-entrants embarking on a career in the sectors; and;
- to identify medium to long term actions which might be considered in the development of a new Culture, Arts and Heritage Strategy.
Report and Departmental response
The Taskforce’s final report outlines the work carried out by the group as well as their findings.