What are National Statistics
'National Statistic' is a quality marker applied to some of the United Kingdom's official statistics.Statistics labelled as 'National Statistics' must meet certain criteria. They should, for example, be fit for purpose, methodologically sound, politically independent and transparently produced.
National Statistics are produced in accordance with the UK Statistics Authority's Code of Practice for Official Statistics
Official statistics statements and links
The documents below provide details on how the Department ensures that the statistics they publish comply with the Code of Practice for Official Statistics:
- DfC pre-release compliance statement
- Professional Services pre-release access list
- Professional Services publication timetable
- Professional Services revisions policy
- Professional Services statement of administrative sources
- Professional Services confidentiality statement
Customer Satisfaction Surveys
Professional Services Unit (PSU) in the Department for Social Development is an out-posted branch of the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA). Each year NISRA gauges customer satisfaction by conducting an independent annual customer satisfaction survey on behalf of all of its constituent branches.