The Department for Communities provides statistics on vacancies that have been notified to JobCentres / Jobs & Benefits offices (JBO) of the Department for Communities. The statistics do not represent the total unsatisfied demand for staff by employers within Northern Ireland, but are only those vacant positions notified by employers to the Department.
Improvements have been made to the methodology for recording and validating data on vacancies placed through the Department for Communities. These changes have led to a break in the time series for this data. The first publication of the new time series was released in January 2015, data within this and subsequent publications should not be directly compared with those from previous statistical releases. As the series builds, quarterly and annual trends in vacancy data will be analysed.
- Vacancies: Statistical Bulletin 2016/17 Financial Year
- Vacancies: Statistical Bulletin 2015/16 Financial Year
- Vacancies: Statistical Bulletin 2014/15 Financial Year
- Vacancies in Northern Ireland: 2013 (revised)
- Statistics from 2007 to 2012
- Statistics from 2008 to 2011
- Statistics from 2007 to 2010
- Statistics:Notified Vacancies Jan 2001 - Dec 2006
- Vacancies: Statistical Factsheet October 2017
- Vacancies: Statistical Factsheet July 2017
- Vacancies: Statistical Factsheet January 2017
- Vacancies: Statistical Factsheet October 2016
- Vacancies: Statistical Factsheet July 2016
- Vacancies: Statistical Factsheet January 2016
- Vacancies: Statistical Factsheet October 2015
- Vacancies: Statistical Factsheet July 2015
- Vacancies: Statistical Factsheet January 2015
Statistics on Vacancies notified to the Department are also published in the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency's monthly Labour Market Report which can be found on the Department for the Economy website. A link to the Department for the Economy's statistics and research page is given below.
Labour Market Profiles and Factsheets
The Department has produced labour market profiles and factsheets for each of the Workforce Development Forums (WDFs) in Northern Ireland. These are Belfast Metropolitan WDF, North West Regional WDF, Northern Regional WDF, South West WDF, South Eastern Regional WDF and the Southern Regional WDF. A report and factsheet providing an overview of labour market information for Northern Ireland has also been published.
These reports examine labour market issues within each of the WDFs and provide information on employment, qualifications, vacancies, redundancies and annual development demand by occupation.
The reports are available for: