Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey has published the reports of four Expert Advisory Panels to help inform the development of the new social inclusion strategies.
Announcing publication of the reports, Minister Hargey said:
“The reports set out an ambitious vision for an inclusive and fair society. Their publication will help inform the development of the Executive’s strategies on Anti-Poverty; Disability; Gender Equality; and Sexual Orientation.
“I wish to thank the Expert Panels for their work in providing an independent assessment of the issues that the Strategies should seek to address.
“The next step will be to consider how we can deliver meaningful change in tackling the inequalities and obstacles that directly affect the everyday lives of many people in our community.
Concluding the Minister said:
“It is my ambition that these Strategies will be drafted with meaningful input from the people they affect most. As work on the Strategies progresses, we will continue to ensure that the people most affected have the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to their development and delivery.”
It is anticipated that the strategies will be published by the end of 2021, subject to Executive agreement.
Notes to editors:
1. The suite of Social Inclusion Strategies are: Anti-Poverty, Disability, Gender Equality and Sexual Orientation. Each Strategy will be progressed in conjunction with a Co-Design Group and Cross-departmental Working Group.
2. The Expert Panel reports can be found on the Department’s website:
3. Full details of the timetable for the development of the Social Inclusion Strategies
4. Media enquiries to DfC Press Office
5. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
6 . Follow us on twitter @CommunitiesNI
- Appointment of Independent Chair of the review of the roles and responsibilities of councillors in Northern Ireland 05 December 2023
- PRONI to host evening of song and celebration 05 December 2023
- Event to celebrate International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPWD) 2023 24 November 2023
- Village Catalyst breathes new life into Ederney 17 November 2023